Aromatherapy - The Gentle Art Of Transformation
Aromatherapy is a broad and expanding field that scientists are just beginning to explore. This modality uses aroma through inhalation. It is well known that smell reaches and influences the deepest human instincts.
When essential oils are diffused (see diffuser), and inhaled, the scent of nature not only delivers the calming benefits of fragrance, it also delivers the many physical, emotional, and mental benefits unique to essential oils.
There are three therapeutic treatment modalities using essential oils:
The English Aromatherapy Model: Dilute a small amount of essential oil in a vegetable oil base for a relaxing body massage.
The French Aromatherapy Model: Ingest and apply therapeutic-grade essential oils neat (undiluted). For internal use, several drops of an essential oil are added to honey. Many French practitioners have documented the excellent benefits of internal use of oils.
The German Aromatherapy Model: Inhalation of essential oils. Research has shown that the effect of fragrance and aromatic compounds on the sense of smell can exert strong effects on the brain – especially on the hypothalamus (the hormone command center of the body) and limbic system (the seat of emotions).
Together, these three models show how versatile and powerful essential oils can be. The best possible results may be obtained by integrating all three models with touch, Vita Flex Technique, Auricular Technique, and Raindrop Technique.
Various ways of using essential oils can bring you a wide range of benefits:
- WARNING: The Danger of Essential Oils – Beware!
- Transforming you physically with essential oil applications – diffusing, bath and shower, compress, massage, perfume, and other applications
- Developing your innermost beauty with these beauty secrets
- Flavoring and enhancing food – cooking tips
- Transforming your home – cleaning tips
- Keeping your pets happy – veterinary medicine
- For aroma gifts and crafts click here!
- Start a rewarding aromatherapy business.