Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.(It likely applies to half the world population.)
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
- Lack of water, the Number 1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
More About Water:
What A Healthy Body Needs - A rebuttal on the foolish idea that we can "drink too much water" by Bob Hizer
Your Body's Many Cries For Water! - A delightful book on Water written by Dr. Batmanghelidj, an Iranian, who was thrown into jail during the years of one of its Dictators. Being promoted to Prison Doctor, he practiced "Water" instead of "Medicine", the latter not being available. Dr. Batmanghelidj provided healing with a "cup of water" for many ailing prisoners. He wrote the book after two years in jail, having carefully documented his experiences in jail and his patients there. The Book is convincingly interesting!
Information contained on this
site is not intended to diagnose, treat or prescribe.
For medical conditions, contact your licensed health care professional.