Essential Oils Fight Bugs
Essential Oils Fight Bugs! Scents are their natural way of keeping plants from harm caused by insect infestation. We too can use essential oils to fight bugs without using harmful bug sprays. People usually use pesticides to prevent insects from ruining their gardens; prevent plants, fruits and vegetables from growing fungi; and to encourage growth. But there are harmful chemicals included in these pesticides.
It’s time to use this safe, effective and chemical-free recipe that will keep the plants in your garden clear of bug infestations. Enjoy fresh foods from your garden being bugs-free! Here’s what you need for this simple recipe:
- Distilled water
- Spray bottle
- Liquid dish soap (biodegradable)
- Spearmint essential oil
- Citronella essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Blue tansy essential oil
- Cedarwood essential oil
- Fill an 8-oz. spray bottle with distilled water
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons of liquid dish soap
- Add 3–4 drops of each essential oil
- Mix and spray generously on plants, fruits, and vegetables
For fungus and mildew protection
- Prepare an 8 oz. of water in a spray battle and add 4 drops of essential oil, you can choose from lemon or orange. Then spray on areas where fungi and mildew may grow.
Did you know?
- Spearmint essential oil can help deter ants and aphids.
- Citronella essential oil can help deter gnats and mosquitoes.
- Lavender essential oil can help deter fleas, moths, and flies.
- Blue tansy essential oil can help deter flies.
- Cedar wood essential oil can help deter snails and slugs.
- Lemon and orange essential oils can help reduce fungi from growing on plants.
Yes, Essential Oils Fight Bugs! Try them out and see for yourself!